Five Star Author Blog

We're a group of authors published by Five Star Publishing (http://www.gale.com/fivestar/). Our genres include everything from Romance, to Mystery, SciFi, Adventure, and Suspense. Welcome to our world - the world of writing.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Words

In words I find a friend. One who can be rich, colorful, exuberant or dramatic and suspenseful. A friend I can shape into almost any form I chose to tell my tale. I ponder over plots and write, reassess and write again all in an effort to channel my release. Yet when the tale is told and my work done I cannot let it be, the words become my true friends; friends I cannot live without.

Who or what inspires YOU to write? Many times I've been asked that Universal and mysterious question. My replies are as various as the seasons of my life. But I think one reply is, in fact, the most honest and direct–I'm inspired by the realities of life–sometimes good; sometimes horrific.

I'm one of those individuals who become deeply affected by the world in which I live and write. And that impact is ALWAYS there. I remember years ago when I foolishly used the excuse "Sorry, can't write today–have to wait for Inspiration to arrive!" It was thoughts like that which resulted in a zero prose production!

Words have a huge influence on us all. They can lift your spirits, make a bad situation better, motivate you to keep going. Written or spoken, words trigger our emotions and are the defining factor in most of our decisions. Be wary of those who abuse words–who use them for means of deception and manipulation. Respect yourself; respect others–and words will become your TRUE inspiration; your BEST and most trusted friends.

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant."

- Robert Louis Stevenson

2 Comments:

  • At May 11, 2006 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi April! I vistd your site and thought it was awesome with the audio. Like a movie. I also visted your other journal and really really liked it too. Do you have a contest?I am so happy I found a blog with all the authors in one place!!!!! I emailed all my friends to tell them. Have a happy day.

     
  • At May 25, 2006 1:31 PM, Blogger Fallon Shay said…

    April, I too loved your website! The music is great! One of the songs is from the eighties (can’t remember the name of it) and I immediately flashed back to dancing around my room with my girlfriends!! What fun!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home