Five Star Author Blog

We're a group of authors published by Five Star Publishing (http://www.gale.com/fivestar/). Our genres include everything from Romance, to Mystery, SciFi, Adventure, and Suspense. Welcome to our world - the world of writing.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Wednesdays With Joanne - "I'm Seeing Stars!"

Four and a half to be precise, from Romantic Times Magazine for A...My Name's Amelia!

Hi all,

Since Five Star Expressions is a combination of women's fiction and romance, you bet I'm thrilled to have two books published in this line. Like many of you, we've found a home with Five Star-an imprint of Thomson Gale, taking our stories where, perhaps, others have not. We're edgey and take risks, to my thinking. I'm nothing but grateful that Five Star has given me an opportunity to be in print, twice. And, I'm nothing but grateful that some of the Big 4 have reviewed both of my books. No worries here, folks: I'm not "going there" with the whole review magilla, except to say that any review is unexpected and, indeed, appreciated.

While I'm over the moon, absolutely, to have some appeal to the library market, I'm out of the MySpaceStratosphere when the romance market takes notice of my stories! Although I don't need RWA approval to write a women's fiction with romantic elements, it's still nice when they sanction my work. At the end of the day, it's all about the stories that we all want to write. This dictates our words, to my thinking. Just where the fit will be ... well, you have to read the book and find out!

I have a shelf in my office with Five Star books from other authors, all signed! Yea! You're all rock stars, literary rock stars! I'm so happy to be counted among you, and love the energy you all generate every day, on the bookstore beat and on the Big Bad Internet.

Shalom,

Jo(anne)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home