Five Star Author Blog

We're a group of authors published by Five Star Publishing (http://www.gale.com/fivestar/). Our genres include everything from Romance, to Mystery, SciFi, Adventure, and Suspense. Welcome to our world - the world of writing.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Wednesdays With Joanne - "For whom the bell tolls"

Hi folks,

This morning, with the news of the loss of life at Virginia Tech, then the news of 157 dying in 4 car bombs in Baghdad, it's more difficult than usual to "pick up where I left off in chapter 5." I look to one of my favorite passages in literature for solace. It's by John Donne, Meditation 17, and reads something like this:

"No man is an island; entire unto himself.
Each man is a part of the continent; a piece of the main.
If a clod be washed away, Europe is the less.
Every man's death diminishes me, for I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, never send to know for whom the bell tolls.
It tolls for thee."

Yes, you bet I'm going back to "chapter 5," but I do it with a heavy heart.

Shalom,

Joanne
www.joannesundell.com

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home