Five Star Author Blog

We're a group of authors published by Five Star Publishing (http://www.gale.com/fivestar/). Our genres include everything from Romance, to Mystery, SciFi, Adventure, and Suspense. Welcome to our world - the world of writing.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Tropical Warnings

Thank you for stopping in here at the Five Star Blog spot!

I have been writing ever since I picked up a pencil, put it to paper, and discovered the magic of stringing letters and words together to form whatever world I dreamed about.

My audience and readers for over forty years has been made up of teachers, my parents, friends, and later--critique partners and writing groups. Many of you have followed me every step of the way, and for that I can never thank you enough--except through my books and my promise to make each and everyone the absolute best. My apprenticeship in the writing profession has had its share of many bumps and detours in the road to publication. The journey was well worth the effort (and pain) as I stand at the crossroad of my first release. I hope you're not disappointed with my debut novel, Tropical Warnings, A Wanderlust Mystery (Coming December 2006). I gave it my all--as you, the reader, deserve no less. For now (until my site is launched, you can read an excerpt and reviews on my page at The Mystery Club - http://fictionweb.com/authors/aprilstar/tropicalpreview.htm.

Some of you have inquired as to how soon is soon with the "Coming Soon" clip on my website! It should be within the next few days, and thank you for your patience.

I have a contest going on now in which I will have a drawing of the first 30 names who have signed up for my newsletter (http://members.authorsguild.net/aprilsblog/newsletter.htm). On Memorial day, May 29, I will draw from my subscriber list one person who will recerive a $30.00 Barnes and Noble gift certificate. To be used for a Five Star author book only (just kidding--but why would want to read anything else):)

Have a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home