Five Star Author Blog

We're a group of authors published by Five Star Publishing (http://www.gale.com/fivestar/). Our genres include everything from Romance, to Mystery, SciFi, Adventure, and Suspense. Welcome to our world - the world of writing.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Introducing myself...


Hello everyone,

I'm Lonnie Cruse. My hubby and I live in Metropolis, IL. I recently signed with Five Star to publish the first in my planned Kitty Bloodworth, '57 Series, titled Fifty-Seven Heaven. It's about a baby-boomer couple, Kitty and Jack Bloodworth who find the body of her VERY irritating cousin stuffed in the trunk of their trophy winning Matador red, '57 Chevy when they enter the car in a local contest. The book is due out late in '07.

Meanwhile, besides getting ready for the important publishing date, I'm still working on my first series, the Metropolis Mystery Series. I have three books published in that series, Murder In Metropolis, Murder Beyond Metropolis, and Married In Metropolis, which was just released. This series features a male sheriff, Joe Dalton, who solves fictional murders in the real town of Metropolis, Illinois, home of Superman.

As the only Metropolis in the US zip code book, we became the "home of Superman" several decades ago. We have a 15 foot tall statue of the superhero at the courthouse, a piece of kryptonite (large ugly rock sprayed green on a major street corner) and a Planet newspaper. We have a Superman Festival every June and fans come from all over. My new series is also set in the Metropolis area, but with different characters, different, ummm, tone?

I look forward to blogging with you all, and getting to know everyone. I'm uploading a picture of our statue so you can see how big it is. Thanks for inviting me in! Lonnie

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home