Five Star Author Blog

We're a group of authors published by Five Star Publishing (http://www.gale.com/fivestar/). Our genres include everything from Romance, to Mystery, SciFi, Adventure, and Suspense. Welcome to our world - the world of writing.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Engineering a Romance

I'm an engineer (civil, most of the time) who writes Romance, most recently for Five Star, so I thought I'd jump on the blog page. Thank you, April, for the invitation. And, yes, I have written a book entitled "Engineering a Romance," but I haven't sold it yet. Gee, I thought the title was catchy!

What makes a good Romance? The same thing that makes a good book of any genre: characters we sympathize with and/or care about, strong conflict, and character growth. Easier said than done. I find it difficult to torture my characters, but I'm learning. In my next Five Star romance, STRENGTH OF A PROMISE (coming out in October), the hero is tortured almost to the point of death. I just love it when the heroine has to save the hero (evil grin here).

While making appearances at libraries and writers' conferences, I've realized how much I enjoy sharing information with aspiring authors. I think it's because I come from a family of teachers and social workers. So I'll try to share insight into the writing process while discussing my books on my own blog. Feel free to visit!

Enough said. I'm thrilled to be part of the group. Go Five Star!

Sarah
*************
Sarah Storme
THE LONG WAY HOME, Five Star Expressions 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home