Five Star Author Blog

We're a group of authors published by Five Star Publishing (http://www.gale.com/fivestar/). Our genres include everything from Romance, to Mystery, SciFi, Adventure, and Suspense. Welcome to our world - the world of writing.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Welcome


Hi, everyone !
For those of you who don't know me let me intorduce myself. My name is Aris. Aris is pronounced (heiress) and I'm not sure what the meaning is. Several years ago, when I was asked what my name meant, I replied that Aris was a Greek Sex Goddess (what can I say I'm a romance writer). Unfortunately, my husband happened to be near, he looked over at me, rolled his eyes, and said very loudly "I wish". I've moved on to another story, which happens to be true. I was born in the seventies to a pair of hippies, real hippies. Having said that, I think I got off lucky with the name Aris. It could have been much worse, Fruit Stand or something like that.
So, Aris it is. I'm a romance writer. My first book with Five Star, Fatal Embrace, is Cosmo's "Red-Hot Read". My second book, Foolish Notions will be out at the end of the year. I'm currently working on a follow-up to Fatal Embrace entitled Soul Stirring.
Well that's all for now...Grab a cup of coffee and browse around—Five Star had some amazing authors with fantastic stories.
~Aris~

www.ariswhittier.com

7 Comments:

  • At May 26, 2006 9:14 AM, Blogger David Niall Wilson said…

    Hah! Yes, you could have been Moon Unit, or Dweezle, for instance. I knew a guy in the US Navy who was daiting a girl named poetry. Her sisters were rainbow and essence...mountains of Virginia hippie commune past.

    You could have told your husband -- well, the GREEK FRATERNITY guys were impressed! (lol)

    D

     
  • At May 26, 2006 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, I think it's cool that your parents were hippies. Those were my favorite years! That's why I like to spend time in Taos. Some of the hippies are still there. Good luck, Aris.

     
  • At May 26, 2006 12:57 PM, Blogger Fallon Shay said…

    Sixties Chick,

    I too think it's cool that my parents were hippies! They taught me so much—the most important is how to love and how to be yourself…Having said that, being carted around in a barely running VW Bus with paisley interior, and every time you used the wipers the horn honked (seriously, I’m not making this up) wasn’t the highlight of my adolescence. I was the only kid at my school that knew who Janis Joplin and Simon and Garfunkel were ;o) Bellbottoms, bandanna tops, and goats milk were staples in our house. However, all my friends thought my parents were “so cool and understanding”. I wouldn’t trade any of it!

     
  • At May 26, 2006 12:57 PM, Blogger Fallon Shay said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At May 26, 2006 1:02 PM, Blogger Fallon Shay said…

    David, I love it! I wish I would have thought of that! I'm saving it for next time.

    ~Aris~

     
  • At July 18, 2006 3:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
    »

     
  • At July 20, 2006 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home