Five Star Author Blog

We're a group of authors published by Five Star Publishing (http://www.gale.com/fivestar/). Our genres include everything from Romance, to Mystery, SciFi, Adventure, and Suspense. Welcome to our world - the world of writing.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Missing In Action

I’m back! Guess you could say I’ve been missing in action—or, more appropriately, missing FROM action.
I’ve been burning the midnight oil (and brain circuits) with writing, research, and becoming my own PR coordinator! Every day I’d promise myself to stop in here and keep you clued-up on what’s happening but then the return of my pesky little shoulder critic convinced me I’d only be boring you guys. The all inspiring and encouraging comments and emails I’ve received from you finally enabled me to squish and silence that critic once and for all. Thank you for being my accomplices to accomplishments.
As to what my over active mind and imagination has been getting into; I’ll briefly outline everything below. The in-depth life and happenings of April Star will be in my upcoming newsletter so if you’re mind is really inquiring over the wanderlust creator and her mischievous and exciting journeys, be sure to sign up from my web site for the “All Points Bulletin!”
The most time consuming quest has been with setting up future events for the introduction of TROPICAL WARNINGS. If you’ve been to the event link on my web site you’re already aware of one firm and solid signing at Camp Florida Resort in Lake Placid (Florida…NOT Lake Placid, NY)! I’m waiting to hear back from the activities director of Cross Creek Country Club and RV Resort in Arcadia, Florida and will post that signing event once everything is penciled in.
I’ve written and sent flyers to 53 other camping resorts and will soon begin pounding the pavement with the books stores. I’m going for the goal of 500 signing events in 2007; calling it the “April 500!” Anyone who would like some of my flyers or bookmarks just let me know! Flyers are ready now; bookmarks should be back from the printer in a couple weeks.
As soon as my ARCs arrive I’ll be shipping them pronto to all those who have agreed to read and give me reviews and/or blurbs. This includes The Miami Herald, The Escapees RV Club, and, unconfirmed as yet—The Toronto Star.
I’m wrapping up a project for Amazon Shorts which I call “Short Cuts.” It’s a collection of four humorous short stories titled: RV Having Fun, Dead Season, You’re Terminated, and A Meatloaf to Die For. I should be ready to submit this within a week and hopefully it will be accepted and available on Amazon for the REALLY low price of .49 cents!
The Dolphin Triangle (my single title gritty suspense) has undergone major surgery and the final restorative touches are just about complete. A sneak peak, never before seen, sample of the rewritten version will also be in my upcoming newsletter—for subscriber eyes only!
The Last Resort has also been going through growing pains. Since visiting St. Augustine last month (the novel’s setting) a lot of changes had to be made in the novel.
The August contest entries have been phenomenal! Thank you for all your kind comments and enthusiasm. Good luck to all!
Okay, that’s a wrap! Thanks for stopping by and not putting out an APB on me! Happy trails and happy reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home